By John Coltrane. Whether legendary jazz saxophonist John Coltrane was inverting bebop chord structures or inducing meditational depth with his complex melodies, he seemed to shift gears and gain new expertise with every passing year in the 1960s. In the 50s, Coltrane played in Miles Davis’ ‘First Great Quintet’, and experienced a spiritual epiphany after kicking heroin in 1957 that inspired everything he played. Audio CD. Rhino/Atlantic (1998). Number of Discs: 1.
1. My Favorite Things (LP Version) 13:44
2. Everytime We Say Goodbye (LP Version) 5:41
3. Summertime (LP Version) 11:35
4. But Not For Me (LP Version) 9:34
5. My Favorite Things, Part 1 (Single Version) 2:47
6. My Favorite Things, Part 2 (Single Version)