By Kariem Abdul Haqq. The 13th Amendment Freedom Week Manual is written to provide a road map for annual celebrations during the week of December 6th. Connecting history with a hope for the future, the Manual is an educational resource and celebratory guide to commemorate the beginning of freedom for ALL (not just some) American citizens. The author provied a published foundation to properly respect and honor the brave souls who, with God's help, unleashed overwhelming powerful forces to break the chains of bondage for four million slaves and their descendents. The 13th Amendment Freedom Week Movement (2008), English, Paperback: 552 pages.
This work highlights the 13th, 14th and 15th Amendments and includes the Amendments' associated congressional voting record. Discussion includes:
--American Abolitionist movements starting with the Quakers, Founding Fathers, and freed slaves themselves.
--National independence vs. individual freedoms.
--Suggested Week's of Activities.
* Day One - Focus on outstanding abolitionists.
* Day Two - Highlight basic government structures and their contribution to freedom, justice and equal opportunity
* Day Three - Highlight different economic systems.
* Day Four - List historical freedom and rights documents.
* Day Five - Focus on genealogical research.
* Day Six - Suggested festivities and games.
* Day Seven - Share "Guiding Principles for Reflection and Contemplation." , list the members of the 38th Congress, the 39th Congress and the 40th Congress who voted for or against these particular Amendments, respectfully.