A Journey of Learning & Discovery Islam and its Relationship with Christianity & Judaism...Legacy of Peace uniquely explores the true nature of Islam and unfolds many of its inner-dimensions. Observe the many scientific contributions of early Muslims that were the catalyst of the beginning of the Renaissance in Europe. With each passing minute, ignorance and confusion are dispelled with a clear picture of the truth about Islam and Muslims and their abhorence to violence. Listen to the experts like American religious scholar Imam Warith Deen Mohammed and more, from the world’s three major religions. Footage features scenes from around the world and original works of art. Find out how true faith, rationality and love can bring people together and create a more conducive environment for all. This documentary provides an excellent overview of Al-Islam as a way of life and foundation for the common principles of human dignity and freedom.
IAIS (2009), Documentary DVD, NTSC, Color, Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only.), Number of discs: 1, English, Run Time: 120 minutes.
• Islam’s peaceful concepts and principles as the events of the rise of Islam unfold in the early 600 AD.
• With rationality and wisdom, how Prophet Muhammad established peace and uprooted violence.
• The grounds behind the marriages of Prophet Muhammad.
• Islamic law: protection of the human soul; the rationale behind the severity of penalty.
• Interpretation of the verses of the Qur’an.
• Islam embraces values common to all people.
• Islam reforms the status of women and
• The Crusaders fascination by the morality and chivalry of Saladin.
Guest Speakers: Robert Schuller, PhD, Sheik Salah Koftaru, PhD, John Esposito, PhD, Paul Tunkle, PhD, Muzamil Siddiqi, PhD, Rabbi Reuven Firestone, PhD, Hassan Hathout, M.D, Rabbi Ira Book, Imam W. Deen Mohammed, Ingrid Mattson, PhD, Imam Basher Arafat, PhD, Kasem Khaleel, M.D, Amir Husain, PhD, Afaf Morsot, PhD, Moustafa al-Qazwini, PhD, Nancy Lydick PhD and Sharon Kugler.