By Leslie D. Michelson. Too many Americans die each year as a result of preventable medical errorómistakes, complications, and misdiagnoses. And many more of us are not receiving the best care possible, even though itís readily available and weíre entitled to it. The key is knowing how to access it. The Patientís Playbook is a call to action. It will change the way you manage your health and the health of your family, and it will show you how to choose the right doctor, coordinate the best care, and get to the No-Mistake Zone in medical decision making. Leslie D. Michelson has devoted his lifeís work to helping people achieve superior medical outcomes at every stage of their lives. Michelson presents real-life stories that impart lessons and illuminate his easy-to-follow strategies for navigating complex situations and cases. Knopf (2015), English, Hardcover: 336 pages.
The Patientís Playbook is an essential guide to the most effective techniques for getting the best from a broken system: sourcing excellent physicians, selecting the right treatment protocols, researching with precision, and structuring the ideal support team. Along the way you will learn:
- Why having the right primary care physician will change your life.
- Three things you can do right now to be better prepared when illness strikes.
- The ten must-ask questions at the end of a hospital stay.
- How to protect yourself from unnecessary and dangerous treatments.
- Ways to avoid the four most common mistakes in the first twenty-four hours of a medical emergency.